This gaming console is among the most popular ones available today. Microsoft’s Xbox console has been steadily improving since its release in 2001 and has competed with the likes of PlayStation, Nintendo, and other gaming devices. Signing in to your Xbox account is required if you want to get the most out of your gaming experience on Xbox.
The password for your Xbox account can be forgotten at some point, but there are ways to get it back. The microsoft.com/link for Xbox can be used to sign in to your account using this guide.
How to Sign In to Xbox ?
Before anything else, you can first try to enter the last password that you remember for your Xbox account. This will automatically sign you in to your account without needing to enter a verification code.
But if you only remember your Microsoft account, proceed to these steps below:
- Open your Xbox console and press the Xbox button on your controller to launch the guide.
- Next, go to Settings > Profile & system and select your existing Xbox account.
- On the new window, choose Use another device.
- Then, you will see an alphanumeric code on the screen. You can take a picture of this code for later or just keep the display open.
- Using another device, open the browser and go to this link.
- Enter the code onto the empty field and choose Next.
- Then, enter the email for your Microsoft account and select Next. Alternatively, you can also enter the phone number or Skype ID that’s associated with your account.
- Enter the password for your account and choose Sign in.
- In the new window, you’ll be asked if you want to stay signed in to your Microsoft account. If you’re using a trusted device, select Yes.
- A notification will tell you that you’re now signed in to Xbox. You can check this by going back to your Xbox console.
How To Find Your Friends on their Microsoft.com/link Accounts?
- Sign in using your microsoft.com/link and Select play on the home screen.
- Go to the Friends tab.
- After that, you can select add friend.
- Finally, you can find friends simply by entering their microsoft.com/link gamer tag.
Use Passkey to Make The Most of your Microsoft Account on Xbox
Although following the instructions mentioned above will help you to connect your Microsoft account to your Xbox console, if you wish to make the most of the Microsoft services, consider having a passkey. A passkey, when enabled, works as an added layer of security that offers the following advantages:
- Protects against unauthorized access to the Xbox even if someone has access to the password.
- Purchases can’t be done without the passkey.
- Parental controls can’t be changed without the passkey.
- When you set a passkey on your profile, it becomes effective for any Xbox console you use with the same account.
To Create a Passkey
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to continue.
- Next, go to Profile & system > Settings > Account.
- Then, select the Sign-in, security & passkey option.
- After that, tap on the Create my passkey option.
- You can then enter a 6-digit passkey (twice) to confirm it. Your passkey will be configured
Steps to Link Microsoft Account with Xbox at microsoft.com/link
Even though there are different methods that you can use to sign in to your Microsoft account on Xbox, this post is provided to particularly help you connect your Microsoft account on Xbox using microsoft.com/link.
- Turn on your Xbox Gaming Console and make sure it is connected to a WiFi network.
- If you are launching your Xbox for the first time, you may need to follow certain on-screen instructions to complete the basic configuration.
- Once you get directed to the home screen of your Xbox console, press the Xbox icon button on your remote controller. This will open a menu on the left side of your screen.
- From the menu, select the Sign-in option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your password.
- If you do not wish to enter the password and wish to use an alternative method to sign in, tap on the Use another device button. Doing so will direct you to another screen where you will be provided an 8-digit code along with this link – microsoft.com/link.
- Use this link on your phone/pc browser to access the account connection page.
- On the page that loads on your screen, enter the code that you received on your Xbox device-connected TV screen.
- Once you are done entering the code, click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, enter your Microsoft account Username (Email, Phone, or Skype) and click
Next. Then, enter the password and click Sign In.
- After that, select the Yes/No to stay logged in or not. You will then see a message that reads – “You are now signed in to Xbox. You can safely close this window”.
How To Link Your Microsoft.com/link to Nintendo Account?
- After creating a user account, select system settings on the home menu.
- Scroll down to highlight users.
- Choose the appropriate user account so that you can access the profile settings.
- Select Link Nintendo Account.
- Tap on Create a New Account so that you can set up a new Nintendo account.